When it comes to Gas Piping, this is something that is best left to the professionals. It is very dangerous to do this task alone. Most people do not know who to turn to for help with their Gas Fireplace. Even lighting the pilot light can be scary. There is a misconception about who is responsible for the gas on your property. You, the homeowner, are responsible for the lines that go from the meter to your home. The utility company is only responsible for their gas lines leading up to the meter.
Gas leaks can be deadly. It is important that you invest in taking care of you home, and family, from a gas leak disaster.
Here is when you need us:
- When gas leaks are found by the Utilities
- generally urgent request, but minor repairs
- New gas logs or fire place installations
- Wall heaters or decorative heaters
- Installation of fire pits and/or outdoor fireplaces
- Adding a new appliance (ex. cooktop, range, dryer or outdoor grill)
- We provide service to most gas appliances
- Converting from propane(LP) to natural gas
- This happens when the city runs/offers new gas lines through existing neighborhoods
- If the gas meter has been locked off from an owner change or other reasons. We are required to inspect lines before they will unlock meter.
The not so known items of gas piping:
- It’s the only thing in a home that should not be done by the homeowner.
- Your gas piping connections need to be checked twice a year
- Many DIY customer will and are allowed to make changes to their HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- They are supposed to purchase permits and perform the work to code when doing those projects, but it is allowed by the City.
- When it comes to gas lines, all work is to be performed by a licensed contractor.
- It’s a separate license from plumbing or HVAC and requires its own permit regardless the size of the project.
- The permit and inspection process is different from most.
- The inspector must see the entire gas line under a pressure test, not just the added section or recently improved section before a permit can be passed
- The inspection department takes gas work very seriously. This can be frustrating to a DIY customer.
- Hiring a professional eases the stress
If you would like for us to to come inspect your gas lines, please Contact us. Your life is valuable, let us help you ensure it is protected.