Do you have problems cooling or heating certain spots in your home? Are old, noisy, drippy window units getting you down? Does your home lack the ductwork necessary for central heating and air conditioning? Does anyone in your family struggle with allergies? Are you remodeling a room? Are you searching for ways to save on energy costs?
It sounds as if a Mitsubishi Electric solution is the answer to these questions.
M-Series units are ideal for year-round comfort in your home. They’re perfect for new additions, retrofits, finished basements, and sunrooms in addition to other existing rooms of the house. You may have noticed an M series unit in the workshop of Norm Abram of The New Yankee Workshop and This Old House. He’s used an M series to cool his workshop for years!
Popular for many years in Europe and Asia, split-ductless systems are fast becoming just as popular in the United States, too.
Why Mitsubishi Electric Heating and Cooling Ductless Systems?
Mitsubishi Electric is the industry leader in split-ductless air-conditioning technology, period. Our innovations have defined cutting-edge technology for over 25 years. Compare and you’ll see no one surpasses the brand’s performance for quiet, easy-to-use, and energy efficient operation. Invest in the comfort of knowing that Mitsubishi Electric products are built to last and are backed by one of the most recognized and respected brands in the world. The bottom line is that the M Series line delivers ultimate comfort control for your home or office. It’s true today and will be comfortably evident for years to come
An M series unit saves resources by allowing homeowners to cool and heat the rooms you are using to get to your ideal temperature.
It is also much more attractive than its window unit counterparts. After all, who wants to block a window with an air conditioner when you could mount an M series out of sight high on the wall?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does a ductless system differ from a window unit?
A window unit is a packaged system, which means that the indoor and outdoor fan coils and compressor are contained in the same housing unit. This type air conditioning system must be positioned so that the back half sticks outside and the front half inside. This is important to allow the physics of proper evaporation and condensation to take place. Typically a window unit is mounted in a window or can be mounted into a hole cut into the exterior wall of a building. Window units are very popular because they provide an inexpensive means for room cooling. The drawbacks include the loss of a window and the vibration and noise that the system can produce. Most of the noise occurs by the compressor, or refrigerant pump, which is so close to your living space.
With an M series, the indoor unit and the outdoor unit, which houses the compressor, are separated. With this design, you don’t lose a window because the indoor unit mounts high on your wall and the outdoor unit is placed far enough away from your room that you never hear the compressor. Both indoor and outdoor units are designed for quiet operation so even if the outdoor unit is placed outside your room you will not hear it running.
Why should I consider a Mitsubishi Electric Cooling and Heating ductless air conditioning system?
Our M Series line provides all of these important benefits:
- Quiet and efficient operation: A unit runs at as little as 26 dB(A). This means that you can hold a quiet conversation or sleep without having to worry about the air conditioner interrupting you.
- No ductwork is required: You will not have to tear up walls or add expensive ductwork to basement remodels.
- Will not take up a window: If you take as much pride in your landscape as you do your home, you will appreciate that you can enjoy your handy work from the inside now that you have gotten your window view back. If you own a window unit then you are also concerned with the security issue of someone taking it
out and coming inside your home. An M series ductless a/c system eliminates this concern.
- Effective zone cooling and heating: True zoning means that you can tailor individual rooms to your personal comfort tastes. Perhaps you prefer it cooler in the bedroom or kitchen. Also if do not use your guestrooms, dining room, or bonus room regularly, why cool them day-in, day-out?
- Versatility: You can air- condition spaces you at first thought impossible because there is no space for ductwork and you don’t want a window unit. Both at the home or office, a Mitsubishi Electric M series unit is flexible enough to work in almost any room environment.
- Remote controlled operation and timer functions: With a Mitsubishi Electric M series unit, you can control your comfort from across the room. The M-series comes with a wireless remote controller that gives you control of temperature, fan speed, vane operation and more. Plus a timer function means that you can set your air conditioner to operate when you need it to. For example, if you know you arrive home from the office around 6:00 PM, you can set your Mitsubishi Electric M series unit to turn on at 5:00 PM to begin cooling before you get there. This means that you are not cooling or heating your home while you’re not there, which saves you money.