When it comes to indoor air pollution, there are three major types of contaminants: particles and allergens, germs and other microorganisms, and chemical gases and odors. The PristineAir Oxidizing UVC/UVV System uses the power of sunlight to reduce both the second and third kind, by killing the microorganisms and oxidizing the gases and odors.

Since the 1800s, scientists have known that sunlight could kill bacteria and other potentially harmful microorganisms. The PristineAir system’s UVC lamp, which is 3.3 times stronger than standard UVC lamps, destroys bacteria, viruses, and other potentially harmful microorganisms like pollen and mold.

This germ-killing power cleans your air as well as the surfaces inside of your HVAC unit. Preventing the growth of bacteria and mold inside of your HVAC helps the system to run more efficiently and reduces odors, preventing unpleasant issues like “dirty sock syndrome.”

The PristineAir Oxidizing UVC/UVV System also includes a patented UVV lamp chamber. Inside of this chamber, a photochemical reaction oxidizes and controls chemical gases and odors in your home’s air.

The chemical gases found inside of homes include formaldehyde, benzene, and VOCs (volatile organic compounds), as well as other gases that come from building materials, cleaning solvents, and pesticides. These gases can cause health issues like nausea, headache, dizziness, and lung problems.

In fact, in a Harvard University study, all of the homes tested had toxic chemicals like these in their air, which the study warned could cause allergies and asthma along with other health problems. According to the EPA, indoor air is frequently more polluted than outdoor air, up to 100 times as much!

By controlling chemical gases and odors as well as killing germs and other microorganisms, the PristineAir Oxidizing UVC/UVV System can make your home more comfortable and reduce your exposure to potentially harmful indoor air pollution. Plus, it can increase your HVAC system’s efficiency and help to extend its operating life. That’s what we call a win-win!