After 120 years in business, Trane has earned its enduring reputation for building tough, reliable HVAC systems. But Trane isn’t just about reliability. From the invention of the convector radiator in 1923 to the development of the award-winning ComfortLink II control system in 2010, Trane has led the way in innovation as well. Their rigorous testing procedures ensure that their newest products will continue that legacy of dependability under the worst conditions.
See Also: Brands we Service
Trane = Dependability
Trane performs this testing at their Systems Extreme Environmental Test (SEET) Lab in Texas. At the SEET lab, new products are tested under extreme conditions that mimic five full years of wear and tear. Units may be frozen solid in a block of ice to see if they will still function when thawed. They are exposed to salt spray for a full week to check for corrosion. Products that don’t survive testing get rebuilt and retested until they pass. If they don’t, then they don’t get manufactured.
By going above and beyond industry standards in this way, Trane has solidified their reputation for reliability. In fact, Lifestory Research awarded Trane the title of America’s Most Trusted HVAC System three years in a row, including 2017. Trane has received awards for their innovation as well. For instance, Popular Mechanics awarded their 2010 Breakthrough Award to the Trane ComfortLink II control system, listing it as one of “The Year’s Most Transformative Products.”
See Also: Products
Trane offers a wide range of models to meet the needs of any home.
- Trane heat pumps range from the basic SEER 14 all the way up to SEER 20.
- Their top-of-the-line XV20i Variable Speed 20 SEER heat pump has the Trane TruComfort system. This uses a variable speed compressor and fans to keep your home’s temperature constantly within ½ degree of the thermostat setting.
- Trane central air conditioners have a similar SEER range, going from 14.5-21 SEER.
- Their gas furnaces also range from basic to super high efficiency, with their most efficient furnace having an AFUE of up to 97.3%.
- And you can add Trane Clean Effects air filtration to these systems to remove pollen, dust, and other indoor pollutants from your home’s air.